Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Compassion




When our sons are the cause of each other's hurt they show very little compassion.  This lack of compassion is usually rooted in one of the following selfish excuses:  embarassment, fear of getting into trouble, or blatant denial.  Their apologies are empty of concern and spoken only to save their own "hiney"
 
 
Jesus' time here on earth was driven by compassion.  Though He was NEVER the cause, He could not bear to see His people hurting.
[Matthew 15:32; 20:34; Mark 1:41; 6:34; 8:2; Luke 15:20]
 
 
 
Today, my prayer focus is that my sons would have genuine, heartfelt compassion toward each other's hurt. 
 
Will you join me and pray this for your children as well? 


"(1) Jesus, help my sons to be driven by compassion as you are.  Toward each other, help them to be compassionate and gracious, slow to become angry, and abounding in love.  (2) Teach them to live in harmony with one another, to be sympathetic to one another, to love their brother with compassion and humility."

(1)Psalm 103:8
(2) 1 Peter 3:8


 

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I will pray w/ you for my kiddos too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Lydia!!! So glad you will join me.

      Delete