Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Finding Reasons to Praise God

I love the song by Matt Redman entitled, "10,000 Reasons." 
 
My favorite line is: 
 
"For all Your goodness I will keep on singing 
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find."
 
Have you ever spent 10, 30, 45, or 60 minutes searching your heart and Scripture for ALL the reasons to Praise God?  There would surely be 10,000 reasons.
 
I grew up in one of those non-denominational churches where we would praise God through tambourines, dancing, shouting, and singing.  Worship alone would go on for over an hour on most Sundays.  We always had this special time in between songs where all we would do was sing our personal praises to God.  It sounds strange but I cannot begin to describe for you how beautiful a sound it was and how significantly it grew my faith.  There is just nothing like using song to praise God for all He is and for all He's done in our lives.  While my church was not perfect, one thing it did VERY well was allowing time every Sunday to passionately and genuinely Praise God!
 
My heart's desire is that my children would learn to passionately Praise God.  That they would have hearts which find new reasons every single day to sing His praises!

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits.
Psalm 103:1-2 NASB

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.

Psalm 103:1-2 NLT

Let's spend time today with our children talking about ALL the reasons we have to Praise God.  Then, let's praise Him together through song.  Maybe it's a song you sing at church, maybe it's one you make up together, or maybe you can sing this one: 



Join me as I pray today:

Lord, there are 10,000 reasons that my heart can find to praise You!  As my heart finds reasons to praise you on a daily basis, may my children yearn and learn to do the same.  May they praise You with all that is within them.  May they never forget the good things you have done for them.  May they SING your praises from the depths of their souls.
Psalm 103:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment