Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our True Valentine

 

Ahhh, the infamous Valentines Day. 
 
The day of creative and thoughtful demonstrations of love. 
 
The day where expectations can be dangerous.  
 
The day where some feel unique and special and others feel lonely or slighted.
 
The good news is that we serve a God who demonstrated His love for us before we were even born.   No prince charming could ever compete with the love our God has and continues to bestow upon us.
 
Our God wrote the book on love.  
 
For, "God demonstrated his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8
 
For, "This is how God showed his love among us:  He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him"  1 John 4:9
 
For, "Neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus."  Romans 8:38-39
 
 Oh how I want my children to know and be changed by God's love. 
 
Since having children, Valentines Day has also grown into a day where I can shower not only my husband but also my children with demonstrations of love. 
 
However, there is no amount of love I could ever give them that could ever compare to God's love for them. 
 
Take a moment and listen to one of my favorite songs written by Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real entitled, "I couldn't love you more."  Then, gather your children onto your lap and sing the words directly to them.



 
 
Join me as I pray today that our children would know God's love in Christ.
 
 
Lord, as my children grow up and seek love from those around them may they always be shown and reminded that Your love is ALL that they need.  May they see with faith-filled eyes Your powerful demonstration of love in the sacrifice of your Son Jesus.    And May they trust that there is nothing in all of creation that can separate them from Your love.
 
Romans 5:8; 8:38-39; 1 John 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment