Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Talking About Heaven



Thanks to this book, I had a wonderful conversation yesterday with my boys about HEAVEN!

Reserve it at your library Today!!!


We discussed:
 
What is heaven?
Where is heaven?
Who is in heaven?
How do we get to heaven?
How do people feel in heaven?

And here's the beauty of it all, I didn't have all the answers.  There is a great mystery and wonder about heaven!  But truthfully, I am so very glad that we do not know everything there is to know about this wondrous place.  I'm a BIG fan of surprises, especially great ones that the God of this universe has in store.  He is a mighty creative God. 
I am certain of one thing:  His home will be like no other!
 
Yet like all good surprises, God has given us a few sneak peaks. 
 
We know that Jesus is there.  
 
We know there is much room.  (John 14:2) 
 
We know in His home He will wipe away every tear from our eyes AND there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain. (Rev. 20:3-4) 
 
We know that the city and its streets will be made of pure gold and the foundation of its walls decorated with every kind of precious stone. (Rev. 20:16-21) 
 
We know that there will be no more night and the light of the sun won't be needed for the Lord will give it light. (Rev. 22:5)
 
And finally we know that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life and that no one comes to the Father's home except through Him (John 14:6).  And that if we confess with our mouths that "Jesus is Lord," and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, we will be saved...For ALL who call on the name of the Lord, will be saved. (Romans 10:9,13)

God used this book to grant me the opportunity to talk candidly and honestly about God with my boys.  I walked away from our conversation so thankful for God's perfect timing and direction when it comes to teaching my kids about Him!

Join me today and pray the following:

Lord, help me to see the teachable moments you give me with my children and give me wisdom to answer their questions with the truth of Your Word.  Please continue to stir within them an excitment and wonder for heaven.  May they long to live in Your home for eternity.  Give them the gift of faith to trust in Jesus and call on His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment