Wednesday, May 1, 2013

An ALL IN Relationship With Jesus

As you can see,

when it comes to ice cream...
 


Cole goes ALL IN.

The kid is serious about his ice cream. 

He is unlike Grayden who will half-heartedly eats ice cream and sometimes "finishes" with plenty left-over.

Cole is whole-hearted and there is literally never a bite left-over.

Isn't this how we want our children to be when it comes to relationship with Jesus...ALL IN!

Scripture says that half-hearted, lukewarm steps in our walk with Jesus literally repulse Him. 

Revelation 3:15-16 says,
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.  I wish you were one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth."

When it comes to our relationship with Jesus, He wants us ALL IN...whole-heartedly, blazing HOT for Him. 

There is no room for maybes or hypocrisy

Following after Jesus looks a lot like how Cole looks while eating an ice cream cone...it is a whole-hearted mission!

Join me today and let's pray the following over our children:

Jesus, I pray that my children would not settle for a lukewarm, half-hearted relationship with You.  I pray they would be ALL IN...completely and utterly blazing HOT for a deep and real relationship with You.  I pray they would seek You so passionately that there would be nothing left of themselves that they haven't given over to Your love and control.  May they be genuinely serious about knowing You and run after You with reckless abandonment.

Revelation 3:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment