Wednesday, May 8, 2013

FEAR or PEACE of mind

I fear ___________________________________.

How would YOU fill in the blank?

For me, I fear FAILURE...as a wife, mother, friend, and follower of Jesus.

FEAR left intact forms burly and deep roots that strangle and suck the life out of us.

A mind that obsesses over FEAR dries up the wellspring of our life, the heart, leaving it weak and dangerously susceptible to the Enemy's schemes.

When FEAR tightens its grip in our minds we are caught in an entangled web of UNREST which always leads to sin.
 
Fear wreaks havoc.

The Enemy will undoubtedly plant FEAR in the minds of our children with exactly this aim...to wreak havoc.

If Grayden were to fill in this blank I think he would say,
"I fear not being loved and accepted." 

He aims to please  through "works."  He correlates pleasing others with gaining their love and acceptance.  We've seen him do whatever it takes to please us and others. 

If Cole were to fill in this blank I think he would say,
"I fear abandonment." 

If we are hurrying at home or elsewhere he very often cries out, "Don't leave me, don't leave me."  We've NEVER left him but he has FEAR and UNREST that those he loves most will abandon him.


It sickens me that even at the young ages of 5 and 4 the Enemy has already planted thoughts of FEAR and UNREST in my boys' minds.

But God's Word PROMISES in Isaiah 26:3 that,

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You."

So how does one eliminate FEAR and UNREST?
 
By keeping a STEADFAST mind.

A STEADFAST mind is one that is FIXED ON:

The love of God...rooted, grounded,  and firmly persuaded that nothing can separate one from it.

The Covenant & Promises of God...which are firm and sure.

The Faithfulness & Power of God

The Savior, Christ Jesus...thus laying the whole stress of salvation upon His righteousness for justification, upon His blood and sacrifice for atonement, upon His fulness for the supply of wants, upon His person for acceptance with God, and upon His power for protection and preservation.

A STEADFAST mind is completely and utterly fixated on God trusting Him as the author and finisher of faith.
 
 
Join me in prayer today over our children:
 
Jesus, I pray that my children's minds would not be gripped and entangled by fear and unrest.  Rather, I pray their minds would be steadfast on You.  I pray they would train their minds to remain completely and utterly fixed on You. I pray that they would trust that YOU are the author and finisher of their faith.  I pray they would trust in Your love, Your promises, Your faithfulness, Your power, and in Your Son Jesus!






No comments:

Post a Comment