Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Available to His Service...Regardless


Lord, how do you want to use me today?

This is a question we should be asking God every day.


No matter what circumstance, environment, state, or situation we find ourselves...God wants to use us. 

I was struck recently by the life and ministry of the apostle Paul.  In everything, his focus remained steadfast on the ministry of testifying to and preaching about the gospel of Christ.

Even in prison.

"Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.  As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ.  Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly."  Philippians 1:12-14

Instead of wallowing in self-pity, he saw prison as yet another opportunity for God to use him AND others.

He never used prison as an excuse or reason to STOP working on completing the task Jesus had given him.

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."  Acts 20:24

While in chains, he even asks for prayer that he would continue to declare the gospel "fearlessly."  Ephesians 6:20

Chained up and in prison, I'm certain he prayed the words...

"Lord, how do you want to use me today?"

How else would the books of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon have been written? 
 
Doesn't this encourage you?

No matter your circumstance, environment, situation, or state God WANTS and CAN use YOU.

And the same is true for our children

If prison didn't exempt Paul from ministry, then nothing in their lives currently nor in the future can stop God from using them.

Let's spend today praying that our children would desire for God to use them on a daily basis AND that they would not let ANY circumstance, environment, state, or situation deter them from His service.

Jesus,  I pray my children would look at each day as a new opportunity to be used by you.  May they ask, "Lord how do you want to use me today?"  I pray that no matter their circumstance they would see it as an opportunity to fearlessly declare Your gospel.    And may their difficult circumstances in life serve to advance Your gospel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment