Thursday, May 23, 2013

Helping Others


Lately, I've been blessed by the help of others. 

 The grocery bagger walking me to my van to HELP me load.

My sister and her husband sacrificing their Sunday evening to HELP me get ready for Grayden's birthday.

My husband mowing the lawn after the kids go to bed in order to HELP me rest.

The random woman at Kohls who helped me save money by giving me her 30% off coupon.

My babysitter changing her plans in order to HELP watch Cole & Allie so I could go to Grayden's last day at Preschool.


Simple sacrifices, which result in extending a helping hand to someone in need, please God.


Hebrews 13:16 says,

16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Simple sacrifices also demonstrate and pour out the love of God on others.

1 John 3:17-18 says,

17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

I desire that my children's hearts are in-tune to the needs of others and tender to their plight...no matter how big or small it might be. 

I desire that they be willing to make sacrifices in order to do good and to share with those who are in need, thus, demonstrating the love of God in deed and ACTION.

Let's teach our children to help others...those in their family, neighborhood, school, city, country, and the world!

We can lead by example

We can point to others who extend helping hands. 

We can help create opportunities for them to extend their own helping hand.

And we can tell them the two positive consequences of helping others that Scripture teachesGod is pleasedGod's love is poured out.

Join me in prayer today

Jesus, Your life on earth was complete sacrifice in every way, shape, and form.  And every sacrifice You made was to meet our need for salvation.  I pray that my children would follow your example of making sacrifices in order to HELP meet the needs of others.  I pray they would love others through action.  May they do good and share with those in need.  May they look for opportunities to help others and have the humility and courage needed to meet their needs.  And may You be pleased and may Your love be poured out as a result. 

1 John 3:17-18
Hebrews 13:16




No comments:

Post a Comment