Friday, May 17, 2013

GUEST BLOG: Part of God's Big Story

Guest Blog Friday
 
written by Delaine
 
She is a mother of three and I have a deep respect for Delaine and her love for Jesus.  I pray we would ALL see our lives as a continuation of God's Big Story.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
My children's eyes are wild with anticipation and excitement when we read the Holy Bible together.
 
What's not thrilling about it?
 
God saves an entire race of people from sure death by splitting open an ocean and my kids clapped. 
 
One little dude kills a really big dude with one rock.  My kids celebrated by saying "kill" as many times as possible before getting in trouble.

This other guy loses all his muscles 'cuz he let his woman cut his hair!

Maxwell- "Daddy, sometimes Mommy cuts your hair."
Jon- "Yeah..."
Maxwell- "That's why you're not strong."

My children buy into the Word of God.
 
It's exhilarating and inspiring to watch and to digest some of their questions after we read.
 
But I want even MORE for them.
 
I pray that these stories will not be seen as just another character in a book with morals, like Berenstain Bears, or a Brothers Grimm.

 
I pray my children would feel attached to the Word, like children hearing stories about their grandparents.

Because I believe that God Himself is writing a VERY BIG story in which my Kayla Rose, Jonathan Maxwell, and Roman Maddox are a part.
 

It might seem kind of cliche but think about it-

What if each of our children saw their
world not as a place that goes on
regardless of their involvement, but as a
continuation of THE BIG STORY- an
essential chapter in the Word of God?

Kayla once said, "In any good story, ya gotta have a setting, a good guy, a bad guy, a problem, and a resolution."
 
We should be telling our kids all the time that, "God wrote you into this story now and your character and choices mean as much as anyone else in here. And one day, Jesus will resolve every problem and the bad guy's outta here!"



Join me today in prayer for our children:
 
I pray, Heavenly Father, that you would give my children another worldview- that every good thing in life will be seen in Your penmanship, and that every hard or hurtful thing You will eventually resolve and renew for Your Word promises that all things will become new (Revelation 21). Surely I have seen Your newness in my own life and I will proclaim Your good works and boast on Your lovingkindness! And my children will not perish from a lack of knowledge (Hosea 4), but will keep their ways pure by taking heed to the Word of God (Psalm 119:10). Help me to nurture a healthy perspective of our world, always pointing back to You, always assuring them that You are in control. Help them to make healthy choices, and to be warriors, and prophets, or laymen for Your Kingdom. Give them identity and purpose, and the strength it takes to find them only in You.
 
May they fix their eyes on Jesus, the:

Author and Finisher of (KJV)
  • Source and Goal of (God' Word Translation)
  • Author and Perfecter of (many translations)
  • Leader and Completer of (DBT)
  • Champion who initiates and perfects (NLT) our faith. Hebrews 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment