Monday, May 6, 2013

Remembering to COME BACK and thank Him

We live in a world where our self-centered, greedy hearts FORGET to be thankful and give praise where praise is due.

 

It wasn't too different 2,000 plus years ago.

 

Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy

Leprosy:  The Greek word traditionally translated leprosy was used for various diseases affecting the SKIN.

Luke 17:11-19

11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy[a] met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

The lives of 10 men were changed for the better on that day and only 1 CAME BACK to praise and thank Jesus.

Like these men, we often cry out to Jesus to "have pity on us" and heal our distress, suffering, heartache, or diseases.

But, like these men, are we granted the healing we so desperately desire and then FORGET TO COME BACK, throw ourselves at Jesus' feet and thank him?

For nearly 4 months, I cried out to Jesus to heal MY skin "disease." 





And like these men, Jesus healed me.

I spent this past weekend remembering some of the changes (for the better) as a result of this healing:

I can snuggle face to face with my baby girl again without wincing in pain.

I can sleep at night without a constant, throbbing pain.

I can step outside and feel the wind on my face without tears forming.

I can kiss my husband without shame.

I can step out in public without feeling embarassed and fearful of ridicule and pity.

Everything I think is not controlled and driven by my "disease;" my mind is set free!

I look at my face now and cannot help but to cry out in a loud voice:

"THANK YOU JESUS!" 


Each of us has been touched by the healing hand of Jesus in so many ways. 

Let us REMEMBER one today.

Let us COME BACK to Jesus.

Let us thank Him for healing, redemption, and forgiveness. [Psalm 103:2-4]

Let us praise Him with our "whole heart." [Psalm 103:1]

Let us not forget the "good things He has done" for us. [Psalm 103:2] 

And then,

Let us "tell of the kindness" of the Lord to our children. [Isaiah 63:7]

Let us "make known among the nations what he has done for us." [Psalm 105:1-2]

If we never return back to Jesus and thank Him we rob Him of the praise He deserves AND we miss the opportunity to give Him glory in front of our children and the world around us.  

Join me in prayer today:

Jesus, I pray that my children would see the wonderful things you have done for me.  I pray they would see and hear me come back to You with shouts of praise and thankfulness.  And I pray that they too would return back to You when they've been touched by your healing hand.  I pray they would remember the good things You have done for them and thank and praise you with their whole hearts,  I pray they would tell of your kindness to them and make it known among the nations. 















No comments:

Post a Comment