Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Fruit of Obedience Pep Talk

Recently, I have had several people ask me how long I plan to keep writing this blog.

To be honest, I do not know

When I initially felt the Lord's call to begin this blog I fought Him hard.  I am ashamed to say that in the past I had critical opinions regarding "Mom Blogs."  I remember a conversation I had a few years ago with a friend in which I very passionately said, "I will never start one of those Mom Blogs."  Funny how God turned that around to bite me in the butt.

Yet, God kept pushing me forward toward obedience.  He gave me a very clear vision for a community of believers solely committed to praying for the next generation. 


It was a picture of hundreds (if not thousands) of believers TOGETHER on their knees in prayer for children. 

Pushing against this prayer circle of believers was every worldy pressure imaginable, YET the circle remained steadfast, unyielding, and fervent in prayer.

Struck by the beauty of this Divine vision, I finally said, "ok" to God and began this yearlong mission.  I laid down every fear and concern, picked up (and have literally clung to) the promise that when I walk in obedience and remain "in Christ" my life and actions will "bear much fruit" (John 15:1-8). 



Fruits that are very useful when it comes to raising and teaching children.  Fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).


Just yesterday, a dear friend asked me if I am seeing new fruit in my life as a result of this blog.  You cannot imagine how much joy it brought me to respond with a resounding YES

AND to my heart's delight I have seen new fruit in the hearts and lives of my children as well. 

Are we perfect? 
No way!

But new fruit is sprouting and blooming each day.

My prayers to God for myself and my children are accomplishing more than any parenting book, Dr. Phil show, or even "church" conference could ever do BECAUSE humble prayer to God keeps me in daily relationship with Him. 

And Scripture promises that when I "remain in Him, He remains in me" and my life will "bear much fruit." Because "apart from Him" I "can do nothing." (John 15:5).

God's Word doesn't trick us.  Its teachings and promises aren't empty.  If it says we will bear fruit in obedience, then we WILL.

So...I do not know how long this blog will continue but I DO KNOW that I will continue through 2013.  For that is the timeline I feel God gave me initially.   After that I will seek God's direction and continue if I feel He is leading me to. 

This leaves 166 days left of faithfully praying God's Word over my children!  166 days left of bearing much fruit! 

Friends, YOU are fulfilling that picture God gave me of hundreds of believers encircled together in prayer for children.  Whether you are a mom, dad, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, or mentor to children...you are critical to this mission. 

Together we are changing the face of prayer. 

Together we are beseeching the throne of God for the next generation. 

Together we are keeping in daily relationship with Jesus and He is bearing much fruit in our lives as well as our childrens'. 

I've said it before and I will say it again,
THANK YOU for joining me each and every day.
THANK YOU for remaining diligent in prayer.
THANK YOU for walking this mission with me.

We have 166 days left! 
TOGETHER, let's remain steadfast and let's pray, pray, pray for our children.  And then let's humbly rejoice as our obedience bears much fruit!

Today my prayer is for YOU, ME, and our CHILDREN.

Jesus,
I pray that for the next 166 days we would continue to see fruit sprout and bloom in our lives and in the lives of the children because of our faithfulness to prayer.  I pray we would be encouraged to PRESS ON in fervent prayer.  I pray we would remain steadfast and firm against the pressures of this world.  And I pray that others would join us.  I pray this circle of believers committed to praying for children would become so numerous and strong that those who do not know Jesus would be drawn to Him and trust Him as their Savior.  Jesus, may our obedience and prayers bring You glory for the next 166 days!!!

John 15:1-8
Galatians 5:22-23









1 comment:

  1. I remember saying the same sort of thing to someone, that I would never start a blog because it seemed so self-centered....oops
    Thanks for doing this blog, I love the daily encouragement to pray for our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete