Thursday, June 13, 2013

God's Promises

Keeping a promise is becoming a trashed virtue.

People do not seem to think twice about breaking a promise, especially if it is to their own advantage to do so.

The result of all of these broken promises is hurt and distrust.

Although our children can never be certain that the people around them will keep their promises, they can count on God to ALWAYS keep His promises.

"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made."
Psalm 145:13b

Putting one's trust in God's promises will never leave us hurt for He can be trusted in all things.

I know people in this world (including myself) will cause my children hurt and make them fearful to trust, but God is faithful to His promises and to loving them each and every day.

This past week, the boys and I started a list of God's Promises.

Although there are literally thousands of God's promises throughout the Bible, I want them to be saturated with as many of them as possible this summer. 

I want them to know the faithfulness of God.
 
I want them to trust Him.
 
And I want them to find their refuge and strength under the loving wing of all that He promises to be and give to them.

Will you join me over the next few months and talk with your children about God's promises?

And will you join me today and pray the following?

God, There is simply no one in this world as faithful and loving as You.  You have given us tons of promises in Your Word that we can sink our feet into, cling to, and trust in regardless of our circumstances.  Help my children to KNOW and TRUST Your promises.  May they never put You in the same category as those who have broken their trust.  And may they find refuge and strength under the loving wing of Your faithful promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment