Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Remarkable Faith


When my children have the sniffles, my heart aches for them.
When my children have the flu I long to bear it for them.

I've determined there is no greater pain than watching one's child suffer.

I simply cannot fathom how moms and dads of very sick children endure the heart wrenching pain.

The son or daughter, whom they love THE MOST in this world, is physically suffering & may even be close to death.
This is every parents' worst nightmare and they are living it every day. 

Yet, I have countlessly seen many of these parents continue to trust Jesus in the midst of their hell on earth.

At a time when no one would blame them for struggling to trust God and His sovereignty, they have this REMARKABLE faith.

It is faith so remarkable that even those with absolutely no faith at all, begin to see God.



Yesterday, I watched a mom (via facebook) sing a lullaby to her very sick child.

I don't know this mom personally, but I know that hers is a story of remarkable faith.

A story of a mom whose baby boy is deathly ill, yet she clings to her faith and trust in Jesus.

So much so...that she sings His beautiful name to soothe her precious son to sleep.

Friends, this video will move you.

Because when faith in Jesus trumps all fears...the spirit of man cannot help but to cry out, "Jesus! Jesus!" 

I hope you will take the time to watch it in its entirety.  If you are unable to open this video, I apologize. My pathetic technological skills stump me and I did the best I could to link it correctly. 
 
Baby Caleb

I KNOW some of you who read this blog have children close to you who are very sick..and yet, your faith in Jesus remains steadfast.

May I take a moment to say a few words to you?

Your faith builds mine.  Your most treasured possession on this earth is suffering, yet you remain steadfast and faithful to your trust in Jesus.   Without trivializing that, you must know that it gives ME the strength to endure hardship in my own life, it gives ME the faith to cling to and to trust Jesus in all circumstances, and it makes me praise and glorify God!

You have set an example for the believers..in faith.  [1 Timothy 4:12]

You have stood firm in your faith.  You are men/women of courage.  You are strong.  [1 Corinthians 16:13]

Your faith pleases God, He delights in you. [Hebrews 11:6]

Like Timothy, you strengthen and encourage the faith of others. [1 Thess. 3:2]

You are, as Jesus desired, His "light" before men. [Matthew 5:16]

And..."Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith" in all the "trials you are enduring." [2 Thess. 1:4]

So, "With this in mind, [I] will constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.  [I] pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." [2 Thess. 1:11-12]

I know your struggle is like no other.
I know you grow weary.

But, stand firm in your faith, because God is doing something remarkable through you. 

To my community of prayer warriors, let's lift up those who have children dear to them who are physically suffering.  Let's give God glory for their remarkable faith.  And let's pray that our own children will someday exhibit such remarkable faith in their own suffering and trials.

Jesus,
As the mother's song so beautifully said, You love our children more than we ever could.  So, we pray for the children who are physically suffering today.  May you wrap Your loving arms around them and hold them near.  We pray for their parents whose remarkable faith has remained steadfast in You.  Be their hope, be their strength, fulfill Your every good purpose in them, and may they continue to be Your light in the midst of their very dark trial.  And finally, we pray for our own children.  May they trust You and exhibit remarkable faith in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment