Friday, July 5, 2013

GUEST BLOG: Cry Out To Jesus

Guest Blog Friday!!
 
I know I keep saying this, but I seriously LOVE guest blog Friday.  The purpose of this blog is to come together as a community and raise up one voice in prayer for our children.  So, when I hear the praying hearts of those of you reading and joining me...I REJOICE and am STRENGTHENED.
 
Today we are hearing the praying heart of a dear friend of mine, Liz.  She is a wonderful mother who loves Jesus and strives to put Him first in parenting. 

Let's join her as she shares how she has most recently felt led to pray over her children.   
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
written by Liz
 
Hello!
 
I'm a mom of three wonderful, crazy, loud, loving, funny, passionate kiddos.
 
In this entry you get to meet our little, Miss Katherine.  She is probably the funniest of the three and most challenging. 
 
There has been a lot of yelling and crying going on at our house lately and it's not coming from the grown-ups (although at times, I feel like I would like to do a little yelling as well).
 
Katherine, our 2 year old, is especially good at being 2I say that with a note of sarcasm, but really, she's a pro...possibly even better than your child. ;) 
 
Anyway, her yelling and crying got me to thinking this has to be coming from somewhere.  There is a reason (please let there be a reason). I just do not understand what is motivating it or what to do with it (I wish I had this all figured out by the third child, but who am I kidding? They're all essentially mysteries).
 
I admit, sometimes I do know what the issue is, but many times I am in the dark. It's often motivated by not getting her way, by wanting something that someone else has...the "ME" syndrome.  At age 2, the "ME" syndrome is front and center.      
 
The truth is, we all have it.  We are all born with it.
 
And it often shows up in our relationship with God. We moan and groan and whine and complain, but don't actually take our concerns to Him.
 
We talk around Him, to friends and family, to co-workers and maybe even an unlucky stranger and unload so many issues that really only He can resolve.
 
We focus on ME, revert to our 2 year old selves and feel as if the whole world needs to adjust to our demands.
 
Instead of trying all of these dead ends, the answer is right in front of us...above us...all around us. 
 
The Lord makes it clear that He wants us to cry out to Him. 
 
Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me all ye who are weak and weary and I will give you rest."
 
Psalm 55:22 reminds us to "cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you." 
 
I yearn for my children to come to me with their hurts, their issues, fears, anxieties, joys, sorrows, but ultimately, I want them to go to Him.
 
I want them to go to their loving Father who is the great healer, the one who really can make it all better.  Moms and dads are great, but there is One far greater.  
 
My prayer is that they hear this song and understand it's lyrics sooner than later.

"Cry Out To Jesus" by Third Day:

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough 
when you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith in love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

When your lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus


To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

God, I am crying out to you for strength and perseverance as I raise my three precious children. I pray that you give them a desire early in their lives to go to you, to share with you and to cry out to you. Lord, you are the great comforter, you are the great healer. You tell us to cry out to you and you will answer in Psalm 3:4. You promise that if we seek you, you will be found (Isaiah 55:6).

We often look to other means for comfort. Often well intentioned means, but not the true source. Lord, I confess that I am not always the example that I want to be to my children. Please highlight those times when it is obvious that I'm seeking you and let them remember those moments and see them and replicate them in their own time. 
 
I am thankful that we can come to you. Lord, I am grateful you are a loving God that wants to know and comfort His children. I celebrate and rejoice in your blessings already bestowed and those that continue each day. 
 
God, please be the light that all of our children need and reach out to them as they cry out, for whatever reason. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment