Friday, July 19, 2013

GUEST BLOG: More Than Enough

GUEST BLOG FRIDAY
 
My faithful friend Erin has guest blogged with us before:  Freedom from Fear.
 
Let's hear her praying heart again!
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  
by Erin
 
Because the battle between pride and humility is waged so openly and deeply in my life, I find myself begging the Lord,
 
"Let my beautiful children have obedient hearts."
 
I am learning more about Gideon in the book of Judges and am at the part where God karate chops his troops down from 32,000 to 300. Yikes
 
But the reason God gives Gideon is so that his people wouldn’t try to take credit for the success in battle that would come directly from the Lord. Gulp
 
How easy it is for us to take credit. 
 
How easy it is for my 2 year old son to take credit when his big sister worked her tail off to clean up. 
“Yup mommy, I did it.” 
 
The study I am going through on Gideon points out that it is when the odds are against us and we pull it off, that humility reigns supreme
 
The Psalmist says it well when he says, paraphrased, “don’t let me forget what you’ve done for me God!” (Psalm 103:2).

Join me in prayer today:
 
God we thank you because you are always enough. Help us tell your story to our kids. Like we are reminded in Deuteronomy, let us write it and speak it over and over again so our precious little ones know you and know the importance of putting you first. God we pray that they would bless you and not forget your benefits. We pray that when they are up against something bigger than they can handle on their own, their focus would be on you and not on them. May you reign and rule in their lives.  And with humility, may they KNOW that you are more than enough.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Renee, I started reading your blog after Christy posted it on FB. It is amazing! I have read through many of your older posts and will continue to read your daily posts. I especially liked the one you wrote about commercials on TV. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and prayers with us!
    -Charity Whitcomb Rettenberger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you Charity! So glad you are joining me and so many others on our mission to try and pray regularly and purposely for the kids in our life. I really appreciate the encouragment. I'm always looking for guest bloggers so if you ever feel inspired, let me know!!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete