Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Secret Door

Sometimes I hit a wall in parenting.
A big, daunting, and obstructing wall.
The wall represents all that I don't know about parenting.
And I can't seem to find the secret door. 

Should I do this? 
Should I do that?

I read a verse in Proverbs [30:5] this morning that gave me wisdom regarding these walls I often face:

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

I know this verse has nothing to do with walls or secret doors.
Yet it does tell me HOW to get through or over the wall.

"Go to my flawless Word Renee.  Within it you will find the secret door.  I am your shield when the wall threatens to come crumbling down upon you.  So take refuge in me and then cuddle in the corner of the safe house that is Me and read my plan for you in the pages of My Word."

Friends, parenting is hard.  There are so many walls we come up against and we often have no idea what we are or should be doing to get through or over them. 

But we can find refuge in God.
And we can find the secret door in His flawless Word.

The same is true for our children.  They can find the secret, flawless plan of God that will get through and over any wall by turning to His Word for answers.

Join me and let's pray!

God,
Your Word is perfect.  When we do not know what to do, You have a flawless plan for us written inside of it.  May our children receive refuge in You as they devour Your Word.  May they find Your secret door to get them through those big, daunting walls that appear when they just don't know what to do or how to do it. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment