Monday, September 30, 2013

Sharpening One Another

Hello Friends! 

I am on vacation this week.  However, I will post as much as I am able.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."  Proverbs 27:17

I have a handful of wise, dear friends in my life who absolutely sharpen my faith & play a very active role in sharpening my character. 

When I spend time with these individuals I am encouraged and challenged.  Their opinions, insights, advice, and ideas are grounded in God's Word.  Their actions and lifestyle are full of integrity.  They are honest and genuine about their own struggles. They are slow to speak and quick to listen.  They are faithful to pray. 

I humbly recognize the HUGE role they play in my life.
God uses them over and over again to sift and refine me.

I have not always had friends like this in my life, and so I do NOT take them for granted.  I am sincerely so thankful for their presence in my life, especially as I parent three children.

In fact, several of these friends are moms as well.  And I can't help but believe that God KNEW I needed strong, godly moms in my life as I walk the parenting journey.  Simply because it is THE most difficult, mind-boggling journey I've ever walked.  It is so wonderful but so incredibly intimidating and overwhelming at the same time.

God knew I would need sharpening throughout this journey, and so He faithfully provided me good friends.

I want this for my children.
I want them to have wise friends who sharpen their faith and character (and vice-a-versa).


So, let's pray and ask God to faithfully provide our children friends who are sharpeners!

God,  I pray you would bring wise, godly friends into my kids lives whom they can not only live and enjoy life with, but with whom their faith & character are sharpened.  As iron sharpens iron, may these friends sharpen my kids, especially during the more challenging journeys.  May they point my kids to God's Word, may they be faithful in prayer, and may they set an example in faith, in life, in love, and in purity.    








   



No comments:

Post a Comment