Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Faith Building Moments

Can you recall a significant moment in your life in which your faith grew exponentially?

Something you saw, heard, or touched confirmed the existence of God for you?
 
I have had a handful of moments such as these.  Moments where I firmly proclaimed, "God exists."  I had this moment at the birth of each of my children.  This incredible recognition that something miraculous had just occurred, something beautiful and completely outside of my power, something only God could accomplish...the creation of life!  I held them in my arms for the first time and thought, "What a mighty God I serve!"
 
I am currently on vacation with Keith celebrating our 11 year marriage together!  The views all around us are breathtaking.  The great vastness of God's creation surrounds us.  It's as though I've bought tickets to God's greatest show.  The curtains rise, I sit center stage, and I watch as His majestic creation gives its Oscar winning performance.
 
In all honesty, with no embellishments, what I've seen in God's creation over the past few days has literally took my breath away.
 
I have stood in awe of Him seeing how great He is through the creation all around me.  And my mouth can't help but praise Him as I've seen the beauty of His majesty.

"Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths...Let them praise the name of the LORD, for he commanded and they were created." 
Psalm 148:5,7
 
 
And so my faith has grown. 

For it seems insane to think that anyone could see what I've seen and still not believe in a Divine creator.  To me, the natural beauty of Earth is the single most credible piece of evidence proving He exists.

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." 
Romans 1:20

Thus, the intricate and complex art of creation is His simplest demonstration of His eternal power and divine nature.  When we look upon His creation, we see Him.

My prayer for the past few days and for today is that my children's faith in the God of this universe will grow as they witness the majesty of His creation.  Will you pray along with me today for your children? 

God, Thank you for showing me glimpses of You in creation.  Thank you for the gift of faith as I gaze in wonder at the beauty of all your created works.  I pray that my children would confess faith and praise Your name as they look upon all that you've created.  I pray that as they witness Your creation they would clearly see and understand Your invisible qualities of eternal power and divine nature.  And may they stand in awe of You as they experience those significant moments that build their faith.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment